1. Do you outline? I didn't used to... now I do, but more in general terms, and in my head. If I outline too much I feel like I no longer have that urgency to write out the story in full. Same with talking too much about it. It just loses some of its potency.
2. Do you write straight through, or do you sometimes tackle the scenes out of order? Straight through, except sometimes I'll just happen to hear a certain character's voice or a certain exchange of dialog, and then I'll jot down just the lines, script-format-like, to fill in later. Again, if I was to jump around I would be tempted to write the 'exciting' scenes first, and then I would lose the urge to write out the rest.
3. Do you prefer writing with a pen or using a computer? Computer... I'm a faster typer than handwriter. The only exception is what I'm doing my 'jot down dialog' thing.
4. Do you prefer writing in first person or third? These days, third.
5. Do you listen to music while you write? Nope, usually I need total silence, or even better, the white noise from a fan.
6. How do you come up with the perfect names for your characters? Best. Name generators. Ever. Especially the Greek and Angel/Demon ones. And then sometimes the names just come to me.
7. When you're writing, do you ever imagine your story as a television show or movie? Oh, totally. With act/commercial breaks and everything.
8. Have you ever had a character insist on doing something you really didn't want him/her to do? They try often, but usually I can get them to comply by beating them around the head and shoulders.
9. Do you know how a story is going to end when you start it? Used to be I never knew. Now most of the time I have a vague idea.
10. Where do you write? Right now, well, nowhere. But my favorite time/place is late at night after everyone else has gone to bed, in the living room, on the couch.
11. What do you do when you get writer's block? Go away and read something, or back up and try a different plotline.
12. What size increments do you write in (either in terms of wordcount, or as a percentage of the fic as a whole)? Tiny little bites, usually. And then sometimes I get on a tear and it feels like I can write 10 pages at once.
13. How many different drafts did you write for your last project? One. I hate editing. Yes I'm a lazy writer.
14. Have you ever changed a character's name midway through a draft? No, although I recently changed the main character's name in my original fic. It makes life difficult.
15. Do you let anyone read your story while you're working on it, or do you wait until you've completed a draft before letting someone else see it? I'll wait til I'm done, unless there's an element somewhere that I'm really unsure about.
16. What do you do to celebrate when you finish a draft? See #13.
17. One project at a time, or multiple projects at once? One at a time, or I can't focus.
18. Do your stories grow or shrink in revision? What's revision?
19. Do you have any writing or critique partners? I tend to bounce ideas off whoever's around, although I do enjoy denting tielan ;)
20. Do you prefer drafting or revising? No.