1. Choose five of your all time favorite books.
2. Take the first sentence of the first chapter and make a list in your journal.
3. Don't reveal the author or the title of the book.
4. Now everyone try and guess.
1. I have it on good authority that my liberal friends in the news media, who account for about 98 of all my friends in the news media, are planning a big party to congratulate me for writing this book. (nope, not Ann Coulter *g*) (Bernie Goldberg's Bias -- goes to ellory1... even though she Googled it!)
2. Lest anyone should suppose that I am a cuckoo's child, got on the wrong side of the blanket by lusty peasant stock and sold into indenture in a shortfallen season, I may say that I am House-born and reared in the Night Court proper, for all the good it did me. (sjhw_tolerance got it -- Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey)
3. After the apple had been cut in half, the halves had been sewn together with coarse black thread. (Dean Koontz's The Face -- the Googler again)
4. Tuesday was a fine California day, full of sunshine and promise, until Harry Lyon had to shoot someone at lunch. (sjhw_tolerance got half of it... it's a Dean Koontz book *g*)
5. "There are dragons in the twins' vegetable garden." (maisfeeka got it -- A Wind in the Door by Madeleine L'Engle)