Quit a job without letting them know in advance.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin had her third.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My second-cousin Gail and my aunt's father-in-law Dick.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Graduation, Gatecon and election night. Nuff said.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my room painted. Well, mostly painted.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not completely finishing.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the usual.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My bookshelves! (Yeah, I'm boring.)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My kittens (just kidding) and various leftie moonbats.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Gatecon and college.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Graduation, my kittens and the election.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Somebody Told Me by the Killers. Really. It's evil.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Making money, and writing.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Atlantis and Justice League.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
The whole Anne series was great. Single-book wise, The Taking.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Megan Slankard and Carbon Leaf.
27. What did you want and get?
A kitten and a diploma.
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 22. I worked 8 hours at the store's grand opening, and then went to Olive Garden.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I hate to repeat myself, but -- getting a life. Or getting to see Once and Future Thing. You know, whichever.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Stuff that I can use now that I can wear for work in the future. Also, cheap.
33. What kept you sane?
The people who care about me. Also, the medication.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Now if I pick just one, the others will beat me up.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Cartoon ship is a very real thing. Also, breathe using your abdomen, not your chest.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
That was actually rather enjoyable.
Watched the first three episodes of Batman TAS tonight. I never watched it as a kid, but I totally recognized the opening sequence. The animation takes some getting used to -- Bats' ears are less pointy, the colors are off from what I've become used to on JL, and the characters' faces are much more... rubbery. And the difference between Bruce and Bats' voices -- wow. Still, it's neat getting to see the character on his own, in his city, doing his thing on his own.
Work tomorrow 2-6pm. Either before or after we're going to go get our Christmas tree. I can only imagine how the kittens will react.
Got all my Christmas presents wrapped. Next -- really MUST get cards done and sent out. Every year I tell myself I'll get those done quickly, and...
Working on a new site design. You know me... web design ADD. It's very plain and simple but I'm really digging it.
I think I'm going to start working on an original story that's been floating around in my mind for months. I was waiting for it to solidify more, but I don't think it'll start doing that til it's actually taking form. I'll probably run it as a WiP on my site once the new design goes up.
It's only 11pm, but I think I'm going to make it an early night. Unless, of course, I decide to finish the last, oh, 200 pages of my new DK book, which is a very real possibility.