I've been very slow in my reading so far this year. I think work has just been so busy that I've been only getting a few pages in at night before I'm ready to nod off. I finished The Wheel of the Infinite this morning after the phone woke me up (@#$%^&).
Hard to analyze this one. I didn't love it nearly as much as Wells' Fall of Ile-Rien books; I felt the plot didn't really start picking up steam until halfway through, and I didn't feel the emotional connection with Maskelle and Rian that I did with Tremaine, Ilias and Giliead. But it was still cleverly and imaginatively written, and I did enjoy it.
Read so far:
1. The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicles) by Patrick Rothfuss [x] [N]
2. The Light of Eidon by Karen Hancock [x] [N]
3. Poison Study by Maria Snyder [N]
4. Kushiel's Dart by Jacquline Carey
5. Clockwork Heart by Dru Pagliassotti [x]
6. Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card [x] [N]
7. Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
8. Wheel of the Infinite by Martha Wells [x] [L]
The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
What If The Earth Had Two Moons? by Neil F. Comins
Key: x = first time read | L = library book | A = audio book | N = nook