Read so far:
1. The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicles) by Patrick Rothfuss [x] [N]
2. The Light of Eidon by Karen Hancock [x] [N]
3. Poison Study by Maria Snyder [N]
4. Kushiel's Dart by Jacquline Carey
5. Clockwork Heart by Dru Pagliassotti [x]
Key: x = first time read | L = library book | A = audio book | N = nook
I quite enjoyed Clockwork Heart, which I had ordered from Amazon ages ago and wound up misplacing until this weekend. A quick rundown.
The cons: A little predictable. One particular scene, which should have been thrilling, got bogged down by a tad of monologuing/exposition. Main character's personality was a bit flimsy. The ending was a little rushed.
The pros: So it's a fun steampunky murder-mystery. Where people fly around on mechanical wings, there is lighter-than-air metal, and computers that use punch cards. Bwah! It's not a character study, and even so, the relationship was rather adorable. What else can you ask for? If there was a sequel, I would run out and read it right now.
Since there's not, I guess it's time to go scour my wishlist and see what I should read next.