tv // lbd // shoulder touch


So, my water shutoff valve, which is outside next to my front yard hose, needs to be replaced or repaired. The thing just spins and spins and doesn't tighten or loosen.

I checked my CC&R paperwork. It states:

Utility connections: (sewer, water, electrical)
Up to the exterior walls of the Unit = the Association's responsibility
Inside the interior walls of the Unit = the Owner's responsibility

I emailed my property manager and she says, nope, it's your responsibility.

Can someone explain this to me?
  • Current Mood: annoyed annoyed
Tell him you've selected a faucet that has a light-up disco ball and that plays "Dixie" every hour on the hour and whether he wants to rethink his position. :P

But yeah, the documents should differentiate between major connections (main water lines) and water faucets.
LOL. Well yeah, obviously if I wanted to replace the hose or something, that would be on me. But I sort of think that an emergency shut-off valve (something I kinda need if there's any kind of emergency) that, again, is outside the interior walls of the unit, should count as a utility connection. And I don't really want to have to get it done myself and then fight with the HOA over reimbursement, because what are the chances there?